Wednesday Night “Choose Your Own” Skins League
Rules & Guide
The Choose Your Own (CYO) Skins League is considered to be more strategic and competitive in nature. However curling etiquette should never be lost on all players. This will be a points based Skins League until such time we have greater interest to change the format.
The Cookstown CYO Skins League can be comprised of any gender combination of players.
Each game will be eight ends (each end will be referred to as a ‘skin’). Hammer/rock color in 1st end is determined based on coin flip. Winner of the coin flip chooses EITHER hammer/throw first OR rock colour.
1) A Skin for the 1st end is two point; 2nd three points; 3rd end four points; 4th & 5th end five points each. Each subsequent end to the 8th end increases an additional value by one to a maximum of 40 points.
2) If your team has the hammer you must have at least two stones counting to take the skin.
3) If your team does not have the hammer you must steal at least one to take the skin.
4) If the team with the hammer only counts one point or the end is blanked, the skin is carried over and added to the value of the next skin.
5) After a skin is taken by a team, the hammer belongs to the other team for the next end (same as usual, if you score, the other team gets the hammer).
6) The hammer will also turn over to the opposing team if the end is ‘blanked’ or the team with the hammer only counts one stone for the end.
7) The four rock Free Guard Zone rule applies as do all other ‘standard’ curling rules.
8) If a skin is not won in the eighth end or there is a tie, one player (team’s choice) from each team will attempt to draw the button with the closest to the pin (measured) winning the skin. The draw to the button will consist of throwing one stone toward the glass with sweeping.